Friday, March 11, 2016

Litany of Consolation

Emvin Cremona "Sacred Heart aglow"
When my life lacks any purpose or direction - Lord Jesus you say: “Come to me, all you who are weary and find life burdensome.”
When the harshness and ruthlessness of life assail me - Lord Jesus you say: “I am gentle and humble of heart; your souls will find rest.”
When I am full of doubt, with no one to depend on - Lord Jesus you say: “Everything is possible to one who trusts.”
When bitterness and resentment poison my heart - Lord Jesus you say: “If the Son frees you, you will truly be free.”
When I see nothing but my wrongdoings and failures - Lord Jesus you say: “Do not let your heart be troubled; have faith in me.”
When I am done in by the hatred and violence of the world - Lord Jesus you say: “Take courage; I have overcome the world.”
When I think that happiness is nothing but a delusion - Lord Jesus you say: “Do you love me?”
When my life reaches a dead end and I lack all desire - Lord Jesus you say “Do you love me?”
When it seems that life has no meaning - Lord Jesus you say “Do you love?”
"Yes, Lord Jesus, I do!" - Lord Jesus, you say: “Live on in my love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment