Thursday, April 10, 2014

In Baker City

A short entry today as I am presently in my former parish at Baker City for the annual Chrism Mass being held in the Cathedral. Yesterday I got out of my parish in Bend for the first time since I arrived there in October last year. I had my assistant with me, Fr Joseph Kunnelaya who enjoyed the 230 mile trip through Prineville, Mitchell, Dayville, John Day, Prairie City and finally Baker City.
I am looking forward to meeting all the priests, as well as many of my former parishioners whom I haven't seen in almost 6 months. My gratitude goes to Rich and Lynn Langrell, owners of the Always Welcome Inn Motel, who host us and other priests who come for this annual reunion and Chrism Mass. It's also great to look at the Elkhorn Mountains still snow-capped with plenty of healthy snow, and the nice weather should be with us for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment