Thursday, March 27, 2014

Maltese crucifixes

Crucifix in St George's church, Rabat, Gozo, Malta
Yesterday I had a very nice crowd attending my three presentations on the celebration of Holy Week in my home country of Malta. Most of those who attended told me personally how astounded they were with what they saw, and how different the culture in the United States is from a Catholic country like Malta. I will share with you over the next few weeks some of the displays and exhibitions that I shared yesterday. I was able to visit Malta during March and April in 2010, the first time in 30 years that I was able to witness the heritage and traditions that are part of the Maltese religious culture. These photos show crucifixes in churches and in various exhibitions displayed by various groups and individuals.
Ivory crucifix from my brother's collection
A cross with various symbols of the passion of Christ

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these beautiful crucifix examples

    ReplyDelete