Friday, June 14, 2013

World Blood Donor Day

About a year ago, donating my 98th pint in Baker City.

Today is World Blood Donor Day, celebrated around the world to encourage more people to roll up their sleeves and donate blood. You all know how passionate I am about donating blood. Last year on June 26th I donated my 100th pint, and next Tuesday, June 18th I will be donating my 105th pint. I am always campaigning for more people to donate blood, especially young people. So if you feel healthy and strong enough, head over to the nearest blood drive, and be generous with the gift of life. Unfortunately a very small percentage of people donate blood, anywhere between 3% to 5%, and the need is always great. We see a generous flow of donors when a tragedy occurs, but the need is always big, 365 days a year.

Thank you Germany - I was surprised today to find out that someone or somewhere in Germany discovered my blog and added over 3300 hits in one single day. The visitors count on Wednesday was 48248, and this morning it went up to 51729. I was going to alert you that we're nearing 50000 clicks, but now we're way over. Maybe they liked the entries, the photos, or a particular post. Whatever the reason, this was one day for the records!

No comments:

Post a Comment